When you call NEDOC
- When you ring a trained receptionist will take your personal details
- Your call will be referred to a triage nurse who will ring you back.
- Discuss with the triage nurse whether you need advice, an appointment or referral to the Emergency Department.
NEDOC at Christmas
NEDOC is expected to be very busy over Christmas and New Year. Patients who are in need of urgent care should ring 1850 777 911 for advice from a nurse who will advise if an appointment is necessary.
Patients should expect to experience delays in having calls answered or waiting for a return call from triage to discuss your illness. If you need to be seen by a doctor the triage nurse will arrange an attendance time. Patients may experience delays to see a doctor as a result of demand on the service. Patients whose illness is urgent or emergency, will be given priority over routine cases.
For advice on how to manage routine illnesses such as cold and flu symtpoms, log onto the http://undertheweather.ie/.
Please do not walk into a centre without an appointment. All patients are advised to ring 1850 777 911 to make an appointment as you may only need nurse advice by phone.
Parents of children who need medical attention will be advised to bring them to the centre rather than be seen at home, as each centre has nursing and support equipment that may be needed for the care of your child. Home visits are for those who are very elderly and infirm.
While it is often difficult to wait to see a GP, aggressive and abusive behaviour towards staff and doctors is not acceptable. Patients who behave aggressively towards staff in the centre will be asked to leave.
Opening Hours of NEDOC at Christmas and New Year
- 6pm Friday 22nd December until 8am Wednesday 27th December
- 6pm Wednesday 27th December until 8am Thursday 28th December
- 6pm Thursday 28th December until 8am Friday 29th December
- 6pm Friday 29th December until 8am Tuesday 2nd January 2018
All GP Surgeries will re-open as normal on Wednesday 27th December.
NEDOC will NOT fill routine prescriptions, which should be completed in your own surgery.
Cavan : General Hospital
Castleblayney : Bree Road, Castleblayney
Drogheda : Cottage Hospital, Scarlett Street, Drogheda
Navan : Our Lady's Hospital, NavanMore Details